In the 1920's the area of Cheadle Hulme which is now St Andrew's Parish Church Cheadle Hulme was farm land
The present housing developments were begun in the late 1920s. Queens Road School (now Oak Tree School) was opened in 1932. At the same time a Sunday School was started in one of the farms. The rector and PCC of St. Mary's Church, Cheadle, decided to build a daughter church and in 1937 the first St. Andrew's building was dedicated on land given by Mrs J Porritt of Bruntwood Hall.
When the congregation had outgrown the old building, plans were made for a new larger church and building commenced in 1958. The building was first used in May 1959. In 1993 the building was expanded and modernised.
In 1961 a Sunday School was set up in the Bruntwood area. This gradually expanded to become a separate church in 1966. A new church building was opened in 2001 to serve the people of Emmanuel.