St. Andrews services online and in our church
We welcome you to our main service in our church building, at 11am each Sunday. Everyone is welcome, including families with children. Our Sunday School activities happen at the same time as the service. We also broadcast our 11am Sunday morning services online, live from our church building, on our Facebook Live page; or you can watch the recordings, via the same link, at any time afterwards.
Our evening services (7pm every evening for half an hour of prayers, with a service of evening prayer led by our clergy on Sundays) happen live, from our homes, on Zoom. You can join by video link from your PC or tablet, or by audio link from a telephone. Please contact our Vicar, Rev. Christopher Hobbs (0161 291 9134), for instructions.
- If you come to a service in our church building, please bring and wear a mask. There will be hand sanitisers on the way in. One of our welcome team will show you to your seats. Booking is not required, as we believe that we have sufficient space for everyone; and we very much welcome visitors to our services. For the time being, we will be unable to serve refreshments at the end of the service.
- A large number of pre-recorded YouTube services remain available to watch on our YouTube channel.
St Andrews is holding online meetings every day
In addition to our services at the church building, we also have a full set of online services, using a variety of different platforms. You are very welcome to join us at our online meetings:
- Daily online prayer meeting - 7 p.m. each day, using Zoom. We hold a service of evening prayer, usually led by our clergy, on Sunday nights at 7pm. On other nights, the meeting is an informal prayer meeting: different people lead each evening. Please contact Christopher in advance (0161 291 9134), for details of how to log in. You can join this meeting by video link on PC or tablet - or if someone can only use the telephone, they can still join in by calling a special phone number, available from Christopher.
- Housegroups - Our housegroups will resume in the week beginning 21st September. The subject is the Book of Job, and groups occur fortnightly - you can access them online using Zoom.
- St Andrews YouTube - a selection of services and other programs produced by our church are available on our YouTube channel.
- Emmanuel YouTube - a selection of services from our other church in the Parish, Emmuanuel, are available on the Emmanuel YouTube channel.
- Little Rews - our club for preschool children and their parents is reopening on Thursdays - but you need to book. See our Children's Ministry pages for details. You can watch recorded episodes of our Circle Time with Margaret on YouTube: Episode 1 - Episode 2 - Episode 3 - Episode 4 - Episode 5 - Episode 6 - Episode 7
- Youth Meetings - Our youth group has been meeting via Zoom. Contact Christopher (phone number above) or Ruth Drury for information.
- Our Facebook discussion group. This is a place to share shopping tips, prayer requests and anything to encourage each other during these times. It is often the quickest way to hear about what we are organising at church.
During the current Coronovirus troubles, the Church of England has been continuing its ministry of prayer and serving others, while it has not been possible to hold public services. St. Andrews has had a full programme of online services, with daily meetings since the beginning of lockdown. We will continue a programme of online services after reopening, to support those who are not ready to return to our public meetings.
In reopening our church, we are following the advice that we have received from the Government and the Church of England. We are pleased to welcome existing members, occasional visitors and newcomers to our 11am service at our church. Families with children are also welcome, and our Sunday School runs during the 11am service.
As notified in our Round the Houses magazine, we will be planning a service for those recently bereaved. Do get in touch if you want to take part.
Cheadle and Cheadle Hulme Community Support Service
If anyone in the local community needs support, please do get in touch and we will try to help! We have joined with other local churches (St. Cuthberts and All Hallows), our Councillors, and volunteers to form a new support group covering the Cheadle Hulme North ward (our local council area).
- For non-medical help (or to support our service), phone 0161 428 3983. This helpline operates from 8am to 8pm every day, with an out-of-hours answerphone.
- Remember, for medical help you should use the NHS Coronavirus service online if possible, otherwise call the NHS on 111, or in an emergency, 999.
- Stockport council has a coronivirus helpline for vulnerable people: 0161 217 6046. Click here for more information.
Pastoral Letters from our Vicar, Christopher
Christopher is sending out Pastoral Letters to encourage and help our congregation through these challenging days. They are usually sent out weekly - you can be added to the list to receive them either by email or by post (for those who can't use email). Please ask Christopher (0161 291 9134).
Tell people about what's happening in the Parish
It really helps people if they can stay in contact with others. Please phone people - especially the elderly and vulnerable. You might want to tell people how to find our church website. We now have a new, short, forwarding web address which will direct people to this page. It is: standy.uk
Welcome to St. Andrew's
We're a friendly Bible-teaching church. From September, we have services again in our church building. In addition, we have online meetings every day - please see below. Also, we are active in assisting our local community.
We have two churches: St. Andrew's on Cheadle Road and Emmanuel. See our Audio page for a range of recent talks.
Follow these links for details of our Safeguarding policy and contacts or to view our Data Privacy Notice